1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass [band] cracking house walls?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AfroMan Skeeter, Mar 8, 2008.

1. AfroMan Skeeter

AfroMan Skeeter

Dec 12, 2007
    So I really want to know if this is true.
    I was jamming with my brother who plays drums, because of this I had to turn it up quite a bit to try and hear myself. After my 'rents got back from they're walk they told me to turn it down because I was cracking the walls from the vibrations.

It seems reasonable, but so many bands play at houses that still stand today.. so does this really happen?

I was playing just loud enough to hear myself with the drums, through a 4x10.

I didn't know where to post this thread either, so if it's in the wrong spot I'm sorry.

2. Well, Adam Clayton of U2 once appeared on the Richter Scale during a concert in Italy (I think).

And you know what earthquakes can do ;)

3. AfroMan Skeeter

AfroMan Skeeter

Dec 12, 2007
    Hahah that's true, If I could musically re-create a earth quake with my bass I'd be happy [assuming it sounded good].

I guess I will just save my rig for band practice at a different house. I can deal with playing on a practice amp.

Thx

4. Tell your brother to play quieter. I can't see how you would be cracking the house walls unless your house was built really poorly and/or it is really old. Rattling the walls, yes, but that isn't going to harm them unless your house if built badly and/or really old.

lowsound

5. AfroMan Skeeter

AfroMan Skeeter

Dec 12, 2007
    He doesn't know the meaning of playing quiet, he's a drummer. Lol, if you know how to reason with drummers then fill me in :D

Anyways the house is like 20 years old max, and it's a quality house. The builder built our old one and so many other peoples houses, all of which are holding up just fine heh.

6. Pfft, 20 years is nothing, i rattle my house and its closer to 200 years old :p

And he's a drummer, they dont know to play quieter, so thats why you have a bass. There is a reason they are heavy lumps of wood, crack him over the head a few times, think of it like a volume control :)

7. Ask them to show you the cracks. You know the rules pics or no cracks.

lowsound