1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass booster

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_study, Aug 1, 2012.

1. bass_study

bass_study

Apr 17, 2012
    Would you put on bass booster to increase the gain? If I want to increase the gain without changing the tone of my bass, what booster would you recommend?

I appreciate any help.

2. So...do you want something that boosts the bass frequency, or somethat that boosts the bass guitar volume? When I see "bass booster" I think something that increases lower frequencies.

If a flat volume increase is what you want, MXR micro amp.

3. bass_study

bass_study

Apr 17, 2012
    Thanks ... Yes it is volume

4. bass_study

bass_study

Apr 17, 2012

5. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Mxr micro amp
    Ehx lpb1
    Zvex super hard on
    Etc...........

6. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Belgium
    I used an EHX Lpb1 for some time. Works perfectly and is cheap and small. Didn't need it anymore and sold it to my previous guitartist, who also likes it a lot.

You can also buy one of the many much more expensive boosters, but though I'm all for buying boutique stuff, this is something where IMHO it is really not needed.

7. bass_study

bass_study

Apr 17, 2012
    I will try to see if there is one on my area. Thanks.

8. bass_study

bass_study

Apr 17, 2012
    I have a passive jazz bass and when I turn the bridge pick up all the way up, there is lots of those high end ringing sound... But if i make it a little bit more then half of it, it is completely ok though i may need to turn up more amp.. So that's why I need that