1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Guitar Acting Weird Help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Duddeo, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Duddeo

Duddeo

Mar 19, 2009
    Hey,

My bass guitar is acting really really strange. I turn it on sometimes and it gives me this really really high frequency all on its own, without me playing. Other times when I turn it on, it gives me no high frequency, but when I try to play it, the bass guitar buzzes like crazy. This is really strange and this has only started happening two days ago. I've tried using different cables and I even got a brand new bass amp and it still gives off weird noises. This really only leaves me the source of problem as the bass guitar and nothing else. My bass guitar is a Fender active Pbass Deluxe

I appreciate any help or sugestions I can get to try to fix this.

2. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    ya its something with your wires inside your bass. It happend to my peavey it had an exposed wire and thats what it was. this isnt too helpful but maybe it will, hope it does.

3. Might be loose windings in one pickup-that can make them squeal when near the amp. Try running just one, then the other, see if you can pin it down that way.