1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Guitar Strap-Planet Waves Padded

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Starburst, May 12, 2010.

1. Starburst

Starburst

Aug 18, 2007
    Looking at straps and I noticed the Planet Waves padded comfort nylon strap for Bass Guitar. I would think that this would be a good strap for a Fender Jazz or a Ric as they seem a little on the heavy side. Anyone own and use one of these? Open to opinions on other straps also.

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I've been using the Pro Comfort Strapps for about 16 years. One of the best switches I ever made. Extremely comfortable. They even made a Peavey T-40 tolerable. :D

I haven't tried these, but they look like a similar concept to the Comfort Strapp, but with more color options. They look like they'd be very nice, and reasonably priced.

http://www.monocase.com/mono-gs1-betty.asp

3. Starburst

Starburst

Aug 18, 2007
    Thanks Jeff. I placed an order for one.

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Cool. Which one did you order? Comfort Strapp, or "The Betty"? If you got the Betty, please update and tell me how you like it. They look pretty nice.

5. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

Comfy looking and they have pick pockets too. :cool: Hmm...

6. Yeah, I have 2. I love them. It even has enough traction to stop the neck dive on my Thunderbird. I recommend this strap, I have had them for a few years, and use strap locks. The only down side is they like to attract and hang on to lint, which I was not used to coming from a leather strap.

7. Starburst

Starburst

Aug 18, 2007
    I received the comfort strapp. I only had the Fender strap that came with my Jazz Bass and could only compare it to that but the comfort strapp is a great improvement by any means. Very comfortable to use standing and seems to distribute the weight of the Bass well. No biting into the shoulders either. For the price I would recommend getting one especially if you stand playing for extended periods.

8. Tricia

Tricia

May 13, 2010
    NH-USA
    Have any of you tried the gel cushions that slide onto any strap?

I saw a local band, whose bass player used one. I'm trying to find the name of it to search for it more easily.

9. lagerratrobe

lagerratrobe

Oct 7, 2012
    Seattle
    Just bought one of those padded, 3" wide Planet Waves straps. I'm not really that impressed with it. The width is good, but the edges are rough and I constantly feel them digging into my neck. Also, something about the way the buckles are located seems to constantly place one on my shoulder.

I'm not a fan.