1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass identification, Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Delph, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Delph

Delph

Oct 31, 2006
    Croatia
    Hi there, this is my first time here on forum, so I hope I didn't miss the place for posting this thread.
    I have a GIANT problem, recently i've got this bass, but it had none of: name of producer, country or serial number - nothing.
    It have really unique and small body shape, and especially unique headstock shape, it reminds a little at yamaha, but i can't find that one. And one more thing, it has exactly the same electronics hole from the back side as one of the yamaha's BB i've seen. Hole cover is exactly the same size, and it fit's correctly. Sorry for my bad english, please try to help me and tell me which bass is this!
    Finally, here are the pictures:

Original bass:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Same bass after i tuned it a bit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks like a Rogue or an SX.

3. Delph

Delph

Oct 31, 2006
    Croatia
    Maybe headstock looks like Alembic rogue, but I assure you it isn't, my headstock is thinner and more triangle-like, maybe more sharp, (english is not my native language so i can't explain best)
    I have forgot to mention, it's pretty old, more than 10years, i'm sure, i can't guarantee for more, but i can assume

edit:
    oh, now i see, you didn't ment about alembic rogue model ;) you thought about Rogue SX, Ok, i looked at it,
    it's not that, it's very very similiar, but, mine has parallel positioned tuners, two by two, in the same rows, on this rogue bass tuners are slightly one beneath other, and also, my pot cap's were originaly black, on red bass, those are chrome, also the bridge was different on mine, thank for trying, but it's not rogue.

rogue
    [​IMG]

4. Nice finish on that bass, did you do it yourself or did you have someone to do it for you?

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Very cool paint job!!!!

6. Delph

Delph

Oct 31, 2006
    Croatia
    Thank you guys, one friend, an artist done the airbrush for me - for free, 'cause i was his first customer with music gear, great guy!

You can also see more pictures here:
    http://www.glazbeni-forum.com/index.php?topic=85793.0
    if you're interesed!

But I want to know which bass is that?? I looked for TUNE basses, but also tuners are not in the row, :help: :help:
    :bassist: :bassist:

7. Delph

Delph

Oct 31, 2006
    Croatia
    So? What, nobody can identify this bass guitar? Strange, if you guys can't then it's hopeless, :crying: :crying: :bawl: :bawl:

8. bignote

bignote

May 27, 2006
    Okinawa, Japan
    It looks to me like a Tune Bass Maniac Standard......from Japan.:confused:

9. Delph

Delph

Oct 31, 2006
    Croatia
    no, it's not tune,
    i wrote it in my post before
    "I looked for TUNE basses, but also tuners are not in the row,"

but maybe some old model, i said this bass is over 10, 12 years old, for sure

10. Delph

Delph

Oct 31, 2006
    Croatia
    still nothing, i'm loosing my every hope that i will ever know a manufacturer

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

It's a Delph Custom! Serial #000001 Limited Edition One Off.

12. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice paint job, man!!!

13. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    the headstock looks like my old onyx bass. very very similar

14. Delph

Delph

Oct 31, 2006
    Croatia
    Hehe, it looks like i'll have to give my baby a name, so let it be, Delph spaceman custom ;)

So it's unique... anybody want to buy it? ;)

15. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    it's a Bass Collection or Tune Maniac...

... interesting paint-job, I usually see that style of paint job on red-neck pick ups :smug:

16. That headstock does look alembic-esque, but if your sure it isn't then I have no idea

17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Seriously, add a logo to the headstock somewhere! Take some really high res pics of her and post her for sale!

18. Delph

Delph

Oct 31, 2006
    Croatia
    yes, i would like to trade bass, i need one 5 stringer, but problem is that i'm from croatia, so any part of music equipment is much more expensive than for example in Germany, UK, or USA, so I could not earn any money this way, only loose it,, for example:
    only for EMG pickups (both p/j) i've paid more than 240 Euro, from dealer.
    I assume that you guys wouldn't pay more than 200E
    And I assume that i wouldn't get more than 450E for this guitar.
    So it's a loss for me.

Conclusion: Some guy made this bass, trade it to another guy, that guy trade it to my friend and i buy it from him, guy who has made the bass died and became a legend - unknown luthier legend ;) Delph tunes the bass and became a legend, living bassist legend :) yeah!