bass neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by groove100, Jan 22, 2005.

1. groove100

Jan 22, 2005
    ei guys do you know, where i can find a replacement neck for am Ibanez GSR 200, 4 string. Im looking for a fretless one...
    Ive looked at warmoth, ebay etc. they dont have it... can you guys suggest where i can possibly find this. thank you
  2. perhaps, ibanez?

its probably not a very popular bass to swap necks with so your options probably are little, to none.
  3. If the model was never offered as a fretless, there won't be a fretless offered as an aftermarket. These are the bottom of the line Ibanez. Cheapest available. As a beginner instrument marketed to beginning players, fretless wasn't an option.

Your only route is to have the neck defretted or do it yourself. And before you ask "How do I do it myself?" Do a simple look around, like at the top of the forum and you'll find pretty much all of the info needed.

Hope this helps
  4. groove100

Jan 22, 2005
    yea,, somebody just gave me this bass, wanna do something with it...
    i might go with defretting, i saw the post at the setup forum.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They dont exist aftermarket, and you'll be lucky to ever find one on eBay. I bought a used SR400 a long time ago with a broken neck ($50 for the bass) figured I'd scrap it for electronics and hardware, but lo and behold I found a replacement neck on eBay.

That was two years ago and I havent seen another SR neck on the bay since.