Bass Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EBMatt, Dec 11, 2003.

1. EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    I'm looking for a good bass overdrive. I tried out a Sansamp Bass Driver DI, and thought it was pretty good.

Any other suggestions???
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The Search button?

Not trying to be unhelpful, but this is probably the most discussed topic on this forum. I just did a search on 'overdrive', and 39 pages of results came back!

If you have some specific questions about specific pedals, fire away.
  3. natethegreatno8

Oct 5, 2003
    while im here i might as well post,.,,, i like the dunlop mx-80 d.i. ...its got a killer distortion and a pretty good preamp sound...give it shot...i think it runs about $130 or so.
  4. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Definitely go for the Fulltone Bassdrive. I got one recently and have had some time to play around with it, and I really really like it. I play in a three piece hard rock/heavy metal band, and it fills the sound out very nicely.

There is a big range of available tones (especially with the 3 OD modes), and having 2 channels really helps. I use one channel for my overdrive needs, which is basically to get a nice grindy sort of guitar-ish crunch to make certain heavy riffing heavier. I use my boost to get more saturation, which helps with solos and all.

Excellent pedal. Highly recommended.