1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass POD XT Pro set up for best output

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PMA, Apr 8, 2006.

1. PMA

PMA

Feb 8, 2004
    I recently took the plunge and bought the Bass POD XT Pro a few months ago and am still learning about it before switching from my older ART Nightbass SE (still a very good unit).

Although the POD has two balanced outputs, only one sends modeled sound while the other is completely dry. If selecting bi-am mode, both outputs send modeled signal.

We don't use amps in the studio since we use in ear monitoring and everything is taken direct. This is fine for getting two channels of modeled sound into the board and back through the in ears. My question is for what to do for live. I use Powerhouse Mesa cabs (4x10 and 1x15) which I have typically bi-amped in the past. My ART allowed me to send two balanced outputs to the PA (wet) and bi-amp to my stage rig separately with a TubeWorks power amp.

I am wondering if anyone else has a similar set up and can tell me if this sounds like a good way to go with the Bass POD.

Thanks,

Paul