Bass problems.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Amphetachronism, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Hey; I've posted once or twice here before (regarding starting bass) and got some very good advice given to me.

I finally took the plunge today, picked up a Yamaha RBX-270, a kind of metallic green/grey colour. Very nice looking, in my opinion. Only trouble is, there seems to be no output from the guitar. Neither my amp nor a plug-in tuner is picking up anything. My amp and lead definately work, as it makes an electronic kind of noise when I touch the metal of the lead.

The socket on the bass is a little loose and jiggles around inside it - is it a bad connection? Can I fix that myself, or do I need to lug it back to the shop to have it fixed?
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks for any help,

2. Yo, I dunno, this may seem silly, but is everyhitng plugged in? Everyhtign have new batteries etc...Go back to basics..
  3. Hahaha, funny you should say that. The lead just wasn't in properly. Never mind. Thanks anyway.
  4. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    ooh, that happens with my 370 at times.

My 170 stopped making sounds after a few months so instead of opening the cavity and doing a lil' fixit I returned it and got a 370 o_O.
  5. Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    When I first got my bass, I was so excited to try it out. I plugged it in and - nothing! I started to panic.

I then realised I had plugged the bass into the headphone socket of the amp.

6. Hehe, no, it wasn't anything that bad. The socket was just pretty tight, and I was too paranoid about damaging my investment to jam it any harder. When I figured that if it's broke, it's broke, I gave it a good shove and it clicked in. Oh, the joys of being a beginner. :rollno: