bass synth effect

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Funkonaut, May 12, 2005.

1. Funkonaut

May 12, 2005

I was wondering if someone can recommend me the best, stable bass synthesizer effect for the bass that money can buy these days.
    I'm really into P-funk, so I'd like an effect that can also emulate Moog sounds and synths/stuff like that.

Thanks! :hyper:
  2. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
  3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    There are a bajizillion threads on the topic that offer many opinions and mucho information, muchacho.

Execute el searcho!

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ "ya want's ta get funked up", eh?

Check out a Moogerfooger for the Moog type of sounds, although I play quite a bit of funk and have had fantastic success with my BOSS VF-1. I have 200 preset and 200 customized tones that are all tweakable...I find that I can generate most any sound I'm looking for with the proper amount of time spent.

There are a lot of threads based on this. Also check out Harmony Central reviews
  5. I read about the moog. What's a good budget one? I am just looking to play 80's synth pop covers, e.g., Depesche Mode, NIN, The The, Pet Shop Boys etc.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
  7. Well I figure it was still just a digital IC chip with a fancy, "analogue-looking" casing. But if this is THE one, then I guess I should give it a shot or look for a used one. Have you used it?

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Not this unit, but I have used Moog units before...really nice stuff, especially if you're into "vintage" stuff from like the 70's...everyone used Moogs back then!!
  9. Well, I would have no problem paying $300 if it used point to point, hard wired analogue circuits and stuff. But I doubt that they still do that. I want to check one anyway. But I don't want Bootsy sound or anything, just want it to sound like an 80s synth with the ability to get a little saw tooth waveform.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I believe this'll do the trick...while you're out shopping, for the same $ (maybe a little less) you can cruise eBay and check out a BOSS VF-1.

I got mine in absolutely mint condition (including warranty card!) for $255 and it's got all that & more. Not just bass effects and chromatic tuner, I can get keyboard effects, acoustic AND lead guitar effects...even a vocorder!!(like that sound on "Show me the Way, or any of Roger/Zapp tunes)

Well worth the money!!!
  11. Sounds like it. Thanks.