Bass Tech in NJ?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Pitbull Growl, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Pitbull Growl

Pitbull Growl

Jan 6, 2009
    NNJ/NYC
    Hey guys,
    Anyone know of a good tech in Northern NJ? I've gotta bass here in need of a preamp repair and a full setup, and I'm hoping someone here can recommend someone that they've had good experiences with to help me out.

Thanks guys.

2. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
  3. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Last I heard Paul was moving to Howell, NJ.

4. Pitbull Growl

Pitbull Growl

Jan 6, 2009
    NNJ/NYC
    Well... I called Paul, but he told me it'd be a bit over his head. He suggested I contact the manufacturer (Noll) which I tried to do initially, but got no response.

Any other ideas?

Thx again guys.

5. You could try Kenny's Music Box in Succasunna.

Their number is 973-927-6711

Kenny is the guy who designed the newer snarling dogs wah pedals, he has a lot of experience with electronics and tech work.

6. Mongo Slade

Mongo Slade Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    Perhaps Phil Petillo and son David in Ocean ,NJ
    Or Dave's Sound in Whippany.

Peace

7. Pitbull Growl

Pitbull Growl

Jan 6, 2009
    NNJ/NYC
    Thx Auch,
    I just called and Kenny's doing lessons right now, but I left my # and he's gonna call me back. I'll update this thread w/the results.

8. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    +2 on the guitar guy, I have been to his shop he is running a sick show down there.

9. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    Rob Distefano, www.frettech.com. He's in park Ridge, awesome guy and knows his setups. He built my gecko bass for me, refretted an old p bass, and set up a ton of other stuff, plus did work for friends, and all have been very happy.

10. Pitbull Growl

Pitbull Growl

Jan 6, 2009
    NNJ/NYC
    Thx Mongo,
    I'll try them if Kenny can't do it.

I think the biggest problem I'm having w/this is it's a Noll TCM-3P and no one wants to work on it since they're not very popular preamps here in the US. (Paul said he's never even seen one before but it sounds complicated... Basically said it wouldn't be cost effective for him because he wouldn't charge me a bench fee if he couldn't fix it)

Thanks again guys for all your suggestions and help, I REALLY do appreciate it.

11. bkk130

bkk130

Jan 23, 2008
  12. ^ Although they're a great group of guys and its a fantastic shop, I'm not sure if they do repair work.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021