1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Terror with Henry 8x8?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alanolynn, Sep 19, 2019.

1. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Been toying with this idea. I had originally been planning on a Magellan 800 but it seems like too much going on. I've always heard that SWR works best with SWR, but I would rather have the warranty and modern build. The Orange seems to be pretty simple. Kind of an "everything you need, and nothin you don't" vibe.

My question is, has anyone paired a Terror Bass(500) with a Henry? Or a comparable cab?

Feel free to point me in a different direction.

I play modern bar rock stuff. It can get aggressive at times, and the drive seems like icing on the cake. I like to be more mid heavy than rumbly (hence the 8's), tweeter always turned down, and volume is/can be a big deal (in a good way):bassist:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Bump.

Might have my QSC Ksub sold and it could finance this bad boy and I'm hoping for some input.

3. JCooper

JCooper Shen Qi Jing He Yi Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Vermont
    Man, I don’t know if it helps at all, but I had a SWR Goliath 6x10 that liked any head I paired with it.
    ( I didn’t have a Terror bass head.)
    :eyebrow:

I also knew a guy who actually had a Henry the 8x8, LOVED it in his metal/rock band. Only good things.
    also, potentially unhelpful.

alanolynn likes this.
  4. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Eh, It's nice to at least get some good reviews on the cab. I'm never parting with that bad boy. Might need a smaller, lighter weight cab in the future, but that Henry will ALWAYS be ready and waiting.

JCooper likes this.
  5. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    I've never played out of a Henry, but I have used my Orange Terror Bass 500 through TC RS210 cabs, TC K212 cabs, GENZ BENZ UBER cabs, GK NEO 112'S and of course Orange OBC115 cabs with no problem whatsoever.

I've also used my Magellan 800 with those cabs as well with great success. But for me the Terror Bass 500 sounds like no other. Tubey and with a crunch that is unmatched by any other amp I have tried and plenty powerful. Hope this helps.

Ryan L. and alanolynn like this.