1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass through speakers

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Chipsonfire, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    Yesterday I went to Radio Shack cause I needed an adapter for my headphones so I could listen to my bass through them to practice at night (I live with 4 other people). I also wanted to be able to play songs or an online metronome through it so I got a 1/8 to 1/4" cord. It worked wonderfully :) Later, it occurred to me that my computer speakers are little more than highly glorified headphones... A few minutes later I was playing my bass through static-free subwoofer :hyper: I'm quite pleased with this so humor me for a bit lol.
    Oh, and yes it's worth it cause my amp kinda sucks lol.

2. hunta

hunta

Dec 2, 2004
    Washington, DC
    I was using my computer speakers/headphones for an amp for quite a while at school. It works so why not!

3. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic

Apr 9, 2006
    I use my computer speakers/board for playing my bass through alot....then again my computer's audio set up kicks ass.

4. gizmobltd

gizmobltd

Jun 25, 2007
    Scranton
    wat is the 1/4 to 1/8 or watever it is.and could you record on ur computer with that

5. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    1/4" is the size of the plug which is normally used with equipment. It plugs your bass into your amp and so on. 1/8" is your standard headphone plug for your iPod or what-have-you. I suppose you might be able to record with it if you plugged in the 1/4" side of a 1/4 and 1/8 inch cord into the headphone jack of the amp and the 1/8" side into the mic input of the computer... Hmm...

6. hunta

hunta

Dec 2, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Mine didn't really "kick ass", but I ran through a preamp + mixer out into my crappy Echo Mia card, setup an audio track in cubase, and then out to my computer speakers. I guess that's still somewhat elaborate. :)