1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass tone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by prbrianpr, Mar 6, 2013.

1. prbrianpr

prbrianpr

Jan 1, 2012
    I dont know about if this is the place to put this thread but well.

Theres s the problem I have a Thunderbird Pro V. Nice bass after a couple of mods. Mine comes like the first production as I can read ( Now I know why it have a lower price than a dealer price). Anyway It comes new, First thing was noise issues, I check it and the pots not was grounded, I grounded them, Still occassional noise occur, I check the bass again, it was the bridge cable, it not touch the bridge at all and the bridge was painted. I remove the paint where the cable touch and put a bigger cable. Ok noise problems resolved. Now I was just experimenting with the low B string. It volume is very low and switching from it to E string produces a change in the volume from low volume to high volume so B string cant be used unless I pluck it strong and the E soft. Anyway what I can do? Change the pickups? I tried to put the pickup close to B and far to G but then the change in volume from B to E is more pronounced. Any electrical mod that I can make lets me know I know about electricity.

Another question, how I can make this bass sound like this:

Foreigner: Waiting for a girl like you

Because my bass is very growly in my opinion.

2. prbrianpr

prbrianpr

Jan 1, 2012
    Anyway I resolve it with my multi effects pedal and gets almost even sound. And read for smooth sound you need flatwounds.