Basswood Body, pickup and preamp combination. Any suggestion?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by CaneyBoniface, Jul 7, 2016.

1. CaneyBoniface

CaneyBoniface

Feb 17, 2015
    Malaysia
    most of new low cost bass comes with basswood body such ESP LTD B-155DX, Spector Performer 5, Jasckson JS3V, Dean Edge 1 5, Sterling S.U.B. Ray5, Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass V Active or Squier Vintage Modified P Bass V.
    i would like to replace the stock pickup and preamp suitable for basswood body. hope this thread will help me or others at the future for those use basswood body bass. actually i bought ESP LTD B-155DX last week. thank you.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. It won't help you if you don't tell us what type of bass you have. There are many different sizes and type of pickups out there. Also the type of sound you have in mind and the music you play.
    Otherwise, your question is akin to "hey guys what tires should I get for my car?" "What kind of shoes should I get?" "Where is a good place to go on vacation?". Vague and random questions with a gazillion possible answers.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  3. CaneyBoniface

CaneyBoniface

Feb 17, 2015
    Malaysia
    hahaha, you right.. need to edit the question. thank you:D

4. CaneyBoniface

CaneyBoniface

Feb 17, 2015
    Malaysia
    i got 2 basses with basswood body.
    B.C. Rich Warlock Paolo Gregoletto Signature Bass 5 String

ESP LTD B-155DX STB

5. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I'm a fan of basswood bodies. Great mids to them and its not only used on cheap basses. That said my bass wood jackson 5 string has emg 40DCs in it and a emg bqs pre amp

6. CaneyBoniface

CaneyBoniface

Feb 17, 2015
    Malaysia
    did someone use aguilar pickup and preamp on it?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021