Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, May 14, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Who's the best Batman? Michael Keaton? val Kilmer?

My vote for best leading lady would be Vicki Vail, and my vote for best villain would be the Joker.

2. George Clooney.

But I'm biased. :smug: ;)
  3. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I think that the awesomeness of each particular Batman is dependent on the quality of the film surrounding him. I think if Val Kilmer was in the first two Tim Burton Batmans, he would have come off much better. George Clooney... not so good overall. The last movie was a joke.

I have high hopes for Christian Bale. Scarecrow in the first movie, Joker in the second, and an as-of-yet-unannounced villain in the third. :D
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Adam IS Batman :bassist:

although... The animation and voice actor from "Batman Beyond" is how I think of him now... kinda the Aged Adam West Batman
  6. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Michael Keaton for me.But I think Christian Bale could be very good

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Michael Keaton but i am also partial to Adam West.
  8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

This has the potential to be the best Batman movie. Not as stylized as the Tim Burton movies, and not as....neon or nipply as the Joel Shumacher abominations....

Cloony would make a good Bruce Wayne in a decent film, but I don't know if he can brood enough to be a good Batman.

The cast for the new one looks pretty astounding, and I think Bale can pull off the angst.
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have high hopes for this one. Good director, STRONG cast, no Bat-nipples or fruit-basket codpieces, and with a non-wuss Batman (And no Nicholson mugging like he was Jim Carey)

Definitely looking forward to it.
  10. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    +1 :D
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Michael Keaton was the best Bruce Wayne.

Keaton and Kilmer were both great as Batman, but Kilmer as Bruce Wayne just didn't work for me.

I'd rather not talk about Clooney as either character.
  12. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO

However, Adam West was the one who could deliver lines like "Quick, Robin! Hand me the Bat-Shark-Repellant!" calmly and with a straight face while a rubber shark has engulfed half his leg.
  13. Michael Keaton, without a doubt. I am, however, very much looking forward to the new Batman Begins movie. Christian Bale looks like he fits the part.
  14. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    No, you're not.

15. West > Keaton > Kilmer > Clooney
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My favorite Batman was Frank Miller. End of story.
  17. +1

The first film was simply better than the others, so I've gotta give the best Batman title to Keaton. The second movie was helped by the presence of the immortal Christopher Walken, but past special.

The next one really should be cool though. The Scarecrow was my favorite Batman villain from the cartoon series I watched when I was younger.
  18. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Holy Bikerbabes Batman +100
  19. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    You know me better than I know myself.