1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available BC Rich Bich Bass 1992

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Basspounder, Jul 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Basspounder

Basspounder Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Price:
    $2000.00
    Strings:
    I really hate to part with this one but I guess it is that time. I purchased this BC Rich Bich Bass on 04/14/13 and replaced some parts on her that needed to be replace. First to go was a rusty Schaller bridge with a black and gold Badass bridge the original which was not cheap to get and then the factory EMG pickups were in need of being replaced so they were as well as all the internal electronics and yes all EMG. Last I replaced the Grover tuners that came with it with a brand new set of wavy Grover tuners that someone had sitting in the original box untouched for years and they cost me some cash to get. All the work done on the bass was by a professional tech just so you know. The bass is neck through and the fret board is Ebony with abalone cloud inlays the paint job is a wonderful trans red. I am not sure what the wood is but this baby is got to be 10lbs to 13lbs I would say. The bass has couple of dings I photograph all of them the best I could there is about 4 the worst is on the back near the control plate. Has some light surface scratches but other then that it is in very good condition. I also want to point out that the Schaller bridge was a little longer then the badass bridge so you can see the indention that the Schaller bridge left at the beginning of the Badass bridge I did include a photograph and you are able to see it. This is a wonderful bass that BC Rich made and these are getting very difficult to find. I feel that the photos show the condition of the bass. Everything works and this baby sounds great. I take PayPal only and only use FEDEX to ship. I will consider reasonable offers. The bass does come with the case that is in the photos. Thank you for looking. No trades please I need room to walk!!!!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG 16.JPG 17.JPG 18.JPG 19.JPG

2. DanBass

DanBass

Jan 27, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    That's a beaut.. Good luck with the sale. Wavy Grovers!! (love em)

maves75 likes this.
  3. maves75

maves75

Dec 13, 2013
    Freeport Illinois
    Good luck!! Love a Bich bass..

DanBass likes this.
  4. jcaffone

jcaffone

Aug 3, 2012
    Is it a 34" scale neck or more common 30.5" on the bich basses?

5. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    I do believe the neck scale is 30.5" when I get home from work tonight I will measure it. Thank you for looking.

6. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    From the top of the headstock to the end of the neck is 30.5"

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  7. jcaffone

jcaffone

Aug 3, 2012
    You ever sell this bass? Definitely Class Axe era 91' to 93' I believe

8. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    Still available and when I purchased it I was informed that it is 1992...

9. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!
    Hey Everyone I want to give an update on the the case that comes with the bass. I have discovered that the latch in the middle likes to come un-done when walking around with the bass in the case so I am lowering the price by $75.00. My work around is to put your middle finger on the latch when carry it around. The price reduction should help if you decide to get another case for it. Just for the record this is the case that came with when I purchased it. thank you for looking!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    maves75 and TomTomPipersSon like this.
  10. KillerEddie

KillerEddie

Aug 10, 2016
    Georgia
    Beautiful. Was the headstock redone or were they all script lettered at that time?

11. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    That is how the headstocks were done my bass has had no type of repairs only hardware upgrades. I have only seen one other BC Rich bich bass like my here are 2 pictures of it. Thank you for looking.

s-l1600-2. s-l1600.

maves75 and KillerEddie like this.
  12. Cool bass, they always looked kind of "witchy" to me, and I like the thing that looks like a bullet hole in the case. ;)

13. basspro

basspro Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Las Vegas,NV
    Beauty, when you get a chance measure from the string nut to the saddles.
    Thank you.

14. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    Here you go a couple of pictures with the requested measurement. Thank you for your interest.

IMG_3154.JPG IMG_3155.JPG

15. basspro

basspro Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Las Vegas,NV
    30" scale, thank you!

16. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    After playing this AWESOME bass for a few hours and after thinking about all the time, money and effort I put in getting this beast to sound this AWESOME I have decided to keep it!!!! So I am pulling it off the market.