1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BC RICH ZOMBIE SPECIAL EDITION

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Markamb1, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Markamb1

Markamb1

Oct 24, 2018
    B879DBCF-8D84-4BBD-B0C6-E35A069783B4. E4AB4C04-B53E-43EA-B79C-50989E510A3D. 014C7960-89DA-4081-9D49-2DA1AB1C6903. 867C1202-8C43-4CEB-810F-968A577AA666. D65A132B-5589-4DA3-86C5-34739F56BA03. 4879FE2F-4679-439B-BB81-7E81FEDD1C6F. For those of us with short attention spans or shallow capacity to care I’ll highlight some main points first.... looking for a bc rich BCRCC3 case. That’s the BC Rich branded coffin case. Amp knob and plastic spacers. Probably hardware store will suffice for the spacer.

For the bass....140 Canadian dollars!!!!

Fender bassman 60.... 80 dollars!

However... worst action I’ve ever seen.... I tuned it to BEAD just to make it semi playable until I try to adjust the truss rod. It still looks this bad though in B lol. It also seems to have a half ass spacer between the tuning key and the actual stem attached to the gear stem?? Lol that’s my best guess for a name... need proper sized spacer....

The fender amp though needs a thorough cleaning, volume is a bit warped and scratchy... input seems a little jumpy, no big deal but I’m missing the bass knob.... They only used this style for a short time and I’ve never seen them on anything else besides 25s and 60s. They had a similar set on fender bassman 100/200/300/400. Part number 0055776000 or even a full set of part number 0055775000. Can’t find them anywhere. Fender doesn’t make, stock or sell them anymore.

Anyway ridiculously good deal.... the zombie retail was like 1700 I think only one I found for sale anywhere was Australia for 1000

2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    My Les Paul would love that JMP and 9100. Little jelly over here...

3. Markamb1

Markamb1

Oct 24, 2018
    Not into the jcm800 1983? With the celestion g1265s original to the timeframe...Has kt88s. Lol. Have a v5 big muff too. Same circuit board as the v4 corgan used. Only difference is the tone bypass mine has. It’s an option not a difference. Been chasing corgan tone...not that the 9000 series amp has anything to do with that their just beautiful and versatile for experimentation. Beside it is the 9200 I took the faceplate off. Working on it.

Having more fun with really unexpected result from cheap gear that I’ve been snubbing my nose at...like an old line 6 guitar pod 2.0 on the 8a setting through a line six spider IV 15 on the clean channel. Neither one edited at all except maybe playing master volume cranked low chan vol vs cranked can vol and low master....awesome happy accidents....now I have to try to break down why I like those tones by dissecting the preset settings.... was playing a les Paul until I got the Strat...last night and tonight though....another happy accident...that tone sounds way better with a hollow body guitar...cheap Ibanez af155....couldn’t stop playing it....it’s good to remember that gear like the big muff, was also at one point, piled up in used music stores and pawn shops unwanted by anyone until someone took advantage of it, saw it in a new way with no pretence or need for validation by other artists and found interesting way to use it.

I’ve been very guilty of chasing tone down the path more traveled and ignoring the randomness that can yield amazing and original results.

4. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    One thing I've learned in my time as a small repair shop owner... almost EVERY instrument has at least ONE good sound, one tone, one setting, one style of being played in which it is quite musically useful and valid. It's just whether or not that's the sound you're currently needing.

5. Markamb1

Markamb1

Oct 24, 2018
    That’s a good point....I guess the true measure of quality and value is in which gear has the greater number of these useful and valid “ones”.

If you can afford it though collecting a bunch of things that do one thing very well is even better. I have soooo many guitars because switching between them keeps it fresh and new, interesting and inspiring... I write some stuff on different guitars or even like tonight.... I was forced to tune down to BEAD just to make it playable.... a tuning I’ve never played in I don’t really play 5 string yet so it was different... really cool stuff... even with that aside just going between bass and guitar makes me write stuff I would never write on the opposing instrument. Then I go and try to play it on the other...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but it’s about perspective and tricking yourself into new things by removing the habits of your familiarity.

I also play longer by putting something down when it’s grown old in the moment and picking up the next guitar that is two feet away or beside my bed or on the couch or the recliner or in the cases on the floor......lololololololol paradise. I’m so surrounded by guitars that I CANT STOP playing even when I Want to or Need to or really really should because I have things that I really need to do... guitars in cases are rarely played so I keep them out everywhere when possible. At least one within reach from bed or the tv. I love playing mindlessly while watching tv.....great increase of practice time...much more than we would ever get naturally.

M.R. Ogle likes this.
  6. Markamb1

Markamb1

Oct 24, 2018
    I got the case I wanted and a second Zombie for 780 Canadian. I would have happily paid 300 for the case...so 480 for the bass....not as good as the 140 but this is in better shape and the blood red in person is awesome.

Attached Files: