1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bef pro expression pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Skindie, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Skindie

Skindie

Oct 20, 2013
    What do you guys think is the best expression pedal to use with the source audio bass envelope filter pro? The moog ep-2 seems fairly appealing, does anyone have any experience with this or any other expressions pedals used in conjunction with the bef pro? Thanks :)

2. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    EP-2 works fine.

3. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser

Feb 17, 2011
    New England
    SA Dual Expression Pedal

I have one and it's great! Sure it's not cheap, but its kinda made for SA pedals, and it works awesome with others (I use mine with a Zoom G3 and EQD Rainbow Machine).

I have not used this with a BEF Pro, or any other SA pedal, but like I said, it was designed to work with them.

I've used an EP-2 and found the design lacking. The treadle was not smooth, and actually stuck often. Worth $35 I guess, until it doesn't work right.

The SA Dual-EP is tank-like.

4. Skindie

Skindie

Oct 20, 2013
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'll splash out for the source audio, they've never disappointed me before! :)

5. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser

Feb 17, 2011
    New England
    Yeah, it's a quality EP for sure. Good choice!