1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

before he cheats bass tab???

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by kaseyreever71, Mar 14, 2008.

1. kaseyreever71

kaseyreever71

Feb 28, 2008
    looking for the bass tab for the carrie underwood song before he cheats.does anyone know that????those kind of tabs are hard to find.

2. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    just play G-D-C root notes and you will be fine.

/sarcasm

3. Intro:

F# E D E F# E D C

Verse

F# E D C F# E D C F# E D B

Chorus

D F# D F# D F# C and repeat

Bridge

A E D B C

You need a 5 String stung B E A D G to do it correctly. Playing the higher B C and D notes sound weak. IMO you also need to change the pick pattern to a more aggressive form. If you just let the low notes ring they don't have the impact needed for a live/bar setting.

There is recoding of me doing it on youtube somewhere. The camera did not pick up the bass very well. Live it is really rumbling the room, which is what you need to go for.

Good luck.

4. timpissoff

timpissoff

Mar 28, 2009
    The song does not have C natural in it. The key is F# minor (pentatonic, i think), so the notes should be F#, E, D, C#, B, A, G# (descending). I'm mot sure if it's pentatonic (sounds kind of bluesy) but I know that those are the only notes played in the song.

5. AFTurboGirl

AFTurboGirl Midgard's bass chick

Apr 27, 2013
    I'm glad I found this b/c our female singer here wants to do this song.

6. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    This "new" country has TOO many chords in it IMHO.

And I am TIRED of EVERY single country new dude playing all the low Bs and Cs. There is more 5-string abuse in country than metal now!!;)