1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Before I order...Circle K question.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mike M., Dec 18, 2011.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I've got a Fender MIM Deluxe Active 5 string jazz bass, haven't found the right strings for this bass and wanted to try some of the balanced tension Circle K's.

The set I'd like to try is: 142-106-079-059-043. Of what I gather the low B and the E on these strings will have a higher tension which is exactley what I'm looking for.

I currentley have Elixers on my bass and while they're a step in the right direction the tension on the low B and E is still too loose for my liking. I've found that just because one set of strings works well on one bass doesn't mean it will work on the next bass. I've got the same Elixer set on my Ibanez SR505 and they're perfect. Not so on the Fender.

Just checking with those who know before I buy. Will the mentioned Circle K set give me what I'm looking for?

2. They'll be more consistent with the other strings, yes, and hopefully the results you're expecting are based on what you're already getting from the other strings. I have the 4-string version of the set you're looking at and am pretty happy!

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Each string will have around 42lbs of tension, the B and E will not have more tension than the other strings if that's what you are asking.