1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Begining Bass Player

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by juther, Sep 25, 2008.

1. juther

juther

Sep 25, 2008
    Hi everyone, i'm new to the forums.

I joined mainly to ask the question: What is everyones opinion on a very good, cost efficient, beginer's, electric, 4 string bass guitar?

I need help shopping and i need to know what are trustworthy name brands and what a good price would be to pay for a good beginer's bass.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Fender Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass is one of the best and cheapest basses out there. i use this bass on gigs and recordings and it sounds KILLER!! No need to change anything on it...and welcome to TalkBass!!!
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--SQU326702
    I'm sure if you have a Guitar Center close to you, you'll be able to try one out, and maybe even get a bit of a better deal...and remember, when you buy the bass and tell us about it, you HAVE TO post a pic or the bass doesn't exist!!!!

3. Tony-bobs

Tony-bobs

Aug 19, 2008
    Spearfish, SD
    SX (essex if you do a search) is a great brand that you can use forever if you want. i just bought a p-j model and threw some flatwounds from webstrings.com and the thing sounds like a million bucks. including shipping, i paid around $170 and no one would guess that i spent less than double that at least. plus, if you ever want to try anything crazy with it, you don't have to worry about being out the big money of a larger brand...

Bobs

4. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
  5. nice one Snerek..you beat me to it!!

6. w33nie

w33nie

Jan 27, 2008
    Get a musicman, or an american P bass :D

how much can you spend?