1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beginner Bass Music

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by Loyalhero90, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Loyalhero90

Loyalhero90

Sep 30, 2008
    I have been playing classical bass for almost a year. I am trying to find music to audition for Stanford University supplement application. I was wondering what would be the best solo for me. I want something hard and if played the judges to think "This kid has been playing for only a year and she has advanced this much!" or something along the lines. I want something hard, a little slow with lots of vibrato and just will knock thier socks off!! Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Krystal English

2. mcnaire2004

mcnaire2004

Jan 17, 2006
    everywhere
    Playing only a year. I'd say the one of the Vivaldi sonata's may be what you want.

3. How much thumb position have you done? if you are fairly proficient you could try the first or third movement of the Eccles Sonata, they are both beautiful,but difficult because they are very exposed and you can't hide mistakes in them.