1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer ba810 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AaronLTW, Mar 18, 2013.

1. AaronLTW

AaronLTW

Jan 7, 2013
    Is this a good cabinet and would it with an acoustic b600 head?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not played that one but I've yet to play a Behringer cab I liked in any way.

3. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    It seems that the BA810 is only capable of going down to 4 ohm and the Acoustic b600 is 600w at 2ohm.

Even with Behringer's enthusiastic wattage ratings you'd probably only be throwing 300w maximum at a cab which is 'supposed' to be able to handle 2000w. You certainly wouldn't be able to do the cab any harm and you would have a lot of speaker area. It would be a loud configuration. I can't believe it but I'd almost be willing to argue that the Behringer would be overkill.

If you wanted to get the full 600w out of your head and you were determined to go for Behringer gear you would be better off going for 2 BB410s. It would give you a wider range of options for transportation and afford you more power out of your head unit.

A lot of people who have used Behringer gear, myself included, do suggest that the aluminum coned cabs are probably the ones to be avoided.

PawleeP likes this.
  4. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    I've played a gig through one, being retardedly loud and tuned to A, with a Sunn 1200S and an Ashdown ABM8x10 in parallel. Didn't die.

5. 5 Wire

5 Wire

Feb 1, 2013
    NorCal
    In a word? Crap.
    One of my buddies plays one and it is horrible. It sounds like an 8" combo only louder.
    I sit in with his band once in awhile and I always take an active bass. Even then I have never gotten a decent tone out of that junker.
    The best thing about it is the handle and rollers - it least you can roll it off a cliff.

6. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Did an outdoor concert last year and it had a Behringer head with 2 x 410 cabs. It was surprisingly flexible tonewise for me, and I definitely could feel my pants flapping. I wouldn't buy a Behringer because of resale value and scornability here on TB but I sure did have fun moving lots of air with that rig last year.

7. taurus1

taurus1

Sep 13, 2006
    Vancouver B.C.
    I've seen them sell for $150.00, I doubt they're very good.

8. Go carvin... get a br810... so loud and punchy... and not to mention cheap.. you can get them used from guitarcenter for around 450$.. i just bought one and im running my peavey tour 700 with it and its amazing

9. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Maybe more information. Is it used and if so how much is it? If it's used and a year old or older, chances are it's not going to "go up in flames" and proven dependable. Do you already own the Acoustic head? If you are going to buy the head and cab new, why not go with one of the Acoustic cabs designed to work with the heads? If they're available both used, try them out and see if you like..... may surprise you..

10. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Last I checked, Behringer isn't making 8x10's anymore.
    They must be either old leftover stock, or used. They should be really cheap $$ then.

Bugera branded bass cabs aren't out yet.

11. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Nice one!:D