Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Composer Pro Compressor MDX 2200

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by HellsBassSlayer, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Anyone have one of these, and how does it do? I've read great reviews at HarmonyCentral, but we all know you can't believe everything you read.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    -they are one of the more successful Behringer products. I have one, used correctly it works great! You should do a search here and in effects, there's probably a lot of info on them.

3. Hello (again) Blisshead.

Wondered whether you could expand on your comments about using it correctly. Is that piece difficult to use, or something? (I'll check Effects, too).

Thanks.

John.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Actually, I was being somewhat sarcastic. I've run into people proudly sporting an Alesis or a low end dbx, (with it set up so that it sounds like an old man with emphysema) who felt the need to inform me that the composer I have is crap. the composer is not any more difficult than any other compressor in it's class. I think I've run across folks who can make ANY compressor sound bad.

5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    I've been using a MDX 2200 for a couple years now.

Couldn't be happier.

No worries.

Works great with Bass.

6. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I have had a composer pro since'98. Not one problem. It is very road worthy and fairly versatile. Mine has survived several years of national touring.

It is not as nice as some of the top-end stuff, but the quality to price ratio is among the best I have ever come across. I think I purchased mine new for under $200.

Maybe an engineer would disagree with me on it's sound quality, but for my needs, it worked out fine.