1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

behringer fca202

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Apr 3, 2006.

1. has anyone tried this new firewire interface from behringer? it's very basic, 2 in 2 out, with headphone, but has been getting real good reviews from some websites, and at 80 bucks, for a firewire interface i can't complain. i'm going to order it friday actually, and jsut wanted to see if anyone here had any opinions on it yet, if not i'll post up a review once i get it.

topher.

2. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh
    http://www.sonicstate.com/articles/article.cfm?id=98

thanks for bringing it up too.....

gonna get one myself......

Only thing I wonder is if you can plug an active bass directly into it???

Either way....I'll run out of my line out if I have to....sound better with a preamp anyway I guess.

3. yuyp thats the only real review i've found on it too, i'll be ordering it friday, so i'll let you know how it turns out. i'm excited, i haven't been able to record for a month thanks to my m-audio ozone crapping out on me.

4. my just arrived today, i'll be recording with it tomorrow a bit, but so far so good. this thing is tiny!

5. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh

Can't wait to hear about it.:)

6. i recorded a bit with it last night. it has some great sound coming in and out of it. very good quality, and very low latency, no drivers to install on my ibook, it was automatically recognized. i've recorded a little bit but i'll have some full tracks to put up next week so you can see the quality. i'll be recording my live show tomorrow night from the board with it, so we'll see how that turns out and i'll post up some clips. the thing i was most suprised with is how small this thing is. smaller than a cd! i think my favorite part is since i have a 6 pin firewire port i do'nt need to ever use the power adaptor. i'll keep you updated, but so far so good!

7. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh
    Wish I had a six pin......only 4 here.:( I'll be getting one of those here shortly though.....

Thanks for the review! :D

8. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    Any problems daisy chaining these things? I'd like to get 2 (maybe a 3rd down the road) and use them as 4 digi-ins. OSX ideally should allow it with the Aggregated Audio Device under Audio/Midi Setup, but has anyone tried it?

Need something comparable to a Firepod but have 0 budget.

9. not sure about daisy chaining i have it hooked up to my presonus firebox using excaragate audio or however you spell it, unforunatly one of the input channels died after a month of use, it sounded damn good in thatm onth though:)