1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Behringer Rackmount tuner.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dereksilloway, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm not touching this.

2. Nice price on the Fender. I was also looking into a rack tuner but decided against using up that space in the rack for something.
    I use a Boss TU-2 pedal (which mutes when pressed) and also have a Korg GT-3 hand held.
    Do a search, there are a few recent threads about this already.

3. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    yeah, tuner threads are in misc...

4. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I have the Fender and it works wonderfully w/ my active 5 string. You will love it. I have not tried the behr.

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

The Behr blows (had it). Tracks slow if at all below E. Fender is "OK" but not great. Korg DTR-1000 is best...

6. kickme00

kickme00

May 2, 2007
    i picked up the Korg DTR-1000 for 90 bucks in the classifieds...keep your eye on the classifieds, cuz ebay doesn't have much.

7. Ravens

Ravens Rivethead

Jan 12, 2007
    Malmö, Sweden
    +1

This is my experience too. This was the latest, and probably last peice of behringer kit i got.

I tune my bass to DBCF and the tuner track so slowly on the two lowest strings that i always tune the C with the tuner and then tune the rest of the strings by ear.

8. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I don't get that? How do you tune DBCF? Which notes are they?

9. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    re si do fa...

10. Ravens

Ravens Rivethead

Jan 12, 2007
    Malmö, Sweden
    eh.... what!

Oh i screwed up, thats supposed to be (thickest string first)
    DGCF got one wrong.
    Every string drops down two halfnotes (or halftones im not sure what its called in english)

Does that answer your question?

11. quick question for the guys with the berry tuner. Do yall have the volume maxed when yall tune?

12. Ravens

Ravens Rivethead

Jan 12, 2007
    Malmö, Sweden
    I am currently running it from the tuner out on my Eden, and i have tried with really high and low gain settings and it seems it works best with a lower gain setting does really no difference. It worked even worse when i used it with the input on the front.

13. what about when you go straight into the tuner?

14. Ravens

Ravens Rivethead

Jan 12, 2007
    Malmö, Sweden
    Straight enough :)

15. sorry i missed that. carry on now

16. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    ...all tuner threads/questions belong in Misc.

MOVED!

17. Id like to say thank you to everyone who helped me make my decision. I have decided on the Fender tuner as I feel the price is decent and Ive read good things about it. Thank you for convincing me to not go with the Behringer. The main reason why is I play death metal and I tune low, and if that tuner cant handle it Id rather pay extra to get one that can. Thanks again.

18. Hi, I've been reading a few reviews on the RT-1000 but was wondering if the large "F" in the centre illuminates when correcting tuning has been reached. Is that right? How is it actually powered: kettle lead, fixed lead or phantom via my amp? Yeah I'll be setting it down on my amp, not in a rack.

Hope someone can help me by 3pm today because I'm hoping to buy it then :meh:

Thank's everyone.

19. I have a Terratec Sine CT-100 chromatic rack tuner. I have had it about 2 months now, i still haven't bought a power supply for it though :D

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021