Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FUNKIN-101, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Has anyone got/played one of the new BEHRINGER ULTRABASS BXL450 amplifiers. Im thinking of buying one and i just want to find out if its any good. Ill be playing mostly rock on it. It seems to have good features for a decent price. If you know any amps for a similar price with same sort of functions could you please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. will you be playing in a band? gigging? or just practising in your bedroom?

that amp will do the job, but its not of the best sound and quality.

look at the sound quality over features. i like to pick amps that have the best sound, and lesser features.
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    If by rock, you mean the sounds of ass, then it will be perfect!
  4. BulkHead

Oct 14, 2005
    Manassas VA
    Ha cheez.
    Funkin it's tough when you don't have much cash but-
    Behringer is not a good brand. "just say no"
    Look into a Fender or Ampeg of comparable size, you will have saved money by spending a little extra.
  5. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    How can everyone talk about this when I believe the amp is not even out here yet. I looked on Yahoo and every site says the amp will not be available until the 3rd quarter and the Behringer site has it as "To be announced". If I had listened to some opinions before I made some of my purchases I would be out of a lot more money and missed out on some reliable, good sounding gear. Sometimes it pays to find out for yourself or find people that actually own what you want and try it out. If you like it get it. ;)
    I can understand when people do not like certain products or they have been burnt in the past but can you at least have tried that item. If a crossover has blown up on you this is an amp and not a crossover. I own a bunch of Behringer gear and none of it has went south on me yet. I don't baby my gear but I think a lot of these breakdowns come from using the equipment improperly. If you have to play with the gain and volume on 10 then I think you need an amp that has more wattage. I have learned that if I have to turn my volume anywhere over 6 I need more power.

Is this amp available over there in Australia Funkin-101?
    hopsbb and ebozzz like this.
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Um, you realize that it is already the FOURTH quarter right now, right????? Math is a wonderful thing.
  7. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill

Read the whole sentence please. Reading is Fundamental. ;)
    ebozzz likes this.
  8. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Behringer is the brand that you get when you want to sound like a doberman pincher being kicked in the face.
  9. It has been my experience that the products made by Behringer are hit or miss. I have purchased a phaser a mixing board and a in-line chromatic tuner for my rig but other products I had issues with and did not work well. They are copy products and some they make which I will swear by but overall the quality control with in that company is bad. The products are designed in Germany but made in China. Right now I am looking for a bass amp and my cash flow is very very sparse. But I am taking the time to save to get something that is a keeper.
  10. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Queens, NY
    I'd like to know if everyone knocking Behringer have actually played through a Behringer?
    SlimS and ebozzz like this.
  11. I have been out looking for for amps all over and in my travels I played a Ultabass BXL3000 I did not find it to be a bad sound was fine but if I am to buy it I would only purchase the one I have just played from. My suggestion is for the same price I would check out Ampeg, Hartke or Fender. But it comes down to application... What will you be doing, will you be gigging or is it a amp you are going to practice on? For me I looking for something that I will keep for a very long time and not upgrade. But play the amp the one you are going to purchase... Call up the store and ask if its fine to bring your axe down to try out some amps. You need to check out a rig with you equipment. I wish you luck and the best in your search.
  12. Hey I have bought products from them and I have been let down and after a the third time I became skeptical remember trust is a hard thing to get back. There are good products that come out of china but as they say you get what you pay for...
  13. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    So somebody wakes up a ten year old thread to bash behringer? :rollno:

A lot of things can change in 10 years.
    I can bet a lot of these old amps now at still working.
    A few probably have died, but for the prices it was probably a fine start-up amp.
    A lot of people have a false economic view that it's better to buy expensive because it can be repaired later. Everything can be repaired. It's just more likely to throw more money to repair an expensive amp than it is an affordable amp. Labor is where the cost is in most repairs, and both budget and high priced amps taking the same labor. The cost to replace is often the smart decision over repair in appropriate cases.
    SlimS likes this.
  14. I did not have an issues with them until I received faulty equipment and now I am in the market for a bass amp so I have been trying everything since I am on a budget it's one of the amps I tried out. It takes a long time for me to buy such a unit because I want to get my bang for my buck. Regarding Behringer if it breaks it goes to the trash, if it is a Ampeg or Fender I will get it fixed. I am also looking a a resale value. Seamonkey Thanks for joining!