1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino IP112ER + Demeter HBP1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basskid_ftw, Oct 3, 2008.

1. basskid_ftw

basskid_ftw

May 1, 2008
    Hi fellas.
    Did anyone use this combination?
    Does that works well, or is there a better choice of preamp for the IP?

2. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Bergs are so chameleon in that they give you the character of the pre that you have like the pre. That is not my favorite pre. The basic eq is good the additional sounds plastic to me. I felt it would get transistor sounding at high volumes so I moved on. This is my opinion for my touch. It is the cat's meow for others. Yes I tried changing the 12ax7 and that helped. I repeat the IPs expose all the weaknesses and strengths of pres. Enjoy.
    I love the Kern and the Glock. Best of the SS and Tube to me. The Glock can sound warm and the Kern can sound Hifi. If you search here there are numerous threads of reviews of pres on the IPs.

3. basskid_ftw

basskid_ftw

May 1, 2008
    Thanks, chadds.
    I suppose the Glock would be a better choice, due to the very limited availability of the Kern.

4. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    BassMW went for the Glock after the Dem. Find his review.
    Or Wolfbass?