Berklee Summer Program Audition Question

Discussion in 'Ask the Berklee Bass Department' started by barlemniscate, Feb 5, 2021.

1. an expressive solo/chordal bass arrangement of My Favorite Things (that accurately represents me as

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. a medley that shows my ability to switch between different styles of music (e.g. latin for eight bar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. barlemniscate

barlemniscate

May 8, 2020
    Hi there -

I'll be auditioning to a Berklee summer program soon, and I wanted to know if you guys thought I should play

a) an expressive solo/chordal bass arrangement of My Favorite Things (that accurately represents me as an artist) or

b) a medley that shows my ability to switch between different styles of music (e.g. latin for eight bars, rock for eight bars, funk/fusion for eight bars, etc)

I'm not sure which I'll be applying to yet (I want to do Five-Week, but can't afford it without a near-full scholarship).

And, quick sub-question, if I am accepted and do not attend due to not being able to afford it, do I take up what could've been somebody else's spot?

2. Sandro Scoccia

Sandro Scoccia

Sep 13, 2013
    Boston MA
    Barlemniscate,
    Auditioning for the 5 weeks program is not much different from the degree/diploma programs.
    Check a thread on this board named "Auditioning with both an electric and upright bass" for details about the audition process and what is the best way to prepare for it.
    Good luck and I hope to meet you at some point here at Berklee.

Sandro

barlemniscate likes this.