Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best 5 string... SX?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattsk42, Jul 22, 2005.

1. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Hey I'm looking to buy a fretted 5 string UNDER 200 shipped. It will be mostly for pop/classic rock stuff, nothing professional, but I am picky on sound quality I suppose. I've looked at the sx's, is there anything else that compares, and what model can you guys vouch for being the best? Thanks!

Matt

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    [​IMG]

3. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Bang for the buck-wise I don't think you can touch this:
    [​IMG]

I was very impressed with that bass when I was diddling around with the SX basses at Rondo a couple years back. The 5-piece neck feels really sweet.

4. mattsk42

OK I narrowed it down to these. Those 2 listed, and THIS 1 and THIS 2

Thanks.

5. mattsk42

Oh, and how much is shipping from their site? Is it the same as the shipping on their eBay stuff?

6. mattsk42

?

7. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Are you asking us? How about asking them. I've never shipped from Rondo, my Brice was off the showroom floor, I visited.

8. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Order from the store. Worst comes to worst, get a case with it and shippings 20 bucks eve n I think...anyways, mine was 15 bucks to ship, but I'm in NY and they're in NJ

9. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    $99 plus shipping? Are you kidding me? I think that my head's going to explode, with Chinese currency on the rise, I think that I may just HAVE to purchase this on prinicipal. With your recommendation, I don't see how this is a bad deal at ALL! It's purdy as well! Thanks man!

:hyper:

10. mattsk42

Haha you're welcome from both of us! :p I think I'll end up going for that as well. I haven't heard anything bad about any of the basses I posted in this thread, and I don't see any reason to spend more money on those other ones. Thanks!