Best bass for whacking someone in the head?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xyllion, Feb 1, 2005.

1. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I have decided to become a masked hero like El Kabong, but I think a bass would work better than an acoustic guitar. What bass would be best for using to knock villains unconsious? :bassist:
  2. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Something heavy, with sharp corners. Make sure you get one with a graphite reinforced neck.
  3. You could easily kill someone with a 9+ string.
  4. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  5. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    What bass would be best...hmmmmmm......there's the chilean sea bass? no no...something bigger, closer to a sturgeon size.....halibut is kinda like a bass and gets up to 300 no no.. too heavy..... :meh:
  6. from memory krist found a thunderbird did the job
  7. jvbjr

Jan 8, 2005
    Gene Simmons axe
  8. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    Thigs built from OAK have a well documented history of being used as things to hit people with.

9. Hohner/Steinberger "cricket bats" :p
  10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Flea Bass neck on a Stingray body. The neck can survive just about anything (anyone remember the Flea Bass that Flea destroyed, and the neck was perfect?) and Rays normally weigh...what, 12lbs for a heavy ash one? Also, fill in the pickup and control cavities with lead, and put a 2-Tek bridge in it too. And a brass sustainer block.
  11. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    that`s feather-weight, dude. my monster is around 17 :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  12. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    maybe this....
  13. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Original Steinberger XL bass (Spirit model shown)

One piece molded composite. Virtually indestructible. And I remember seeing somewhere (The Fender Bass Book?) where one of the early ones (a fretless pictured with Tony Levin) was described by Ned Steinberger as having a lot of steel in the composite making it very heavy (but with lots of singing sustain).

The Spirits would make a fairly good kabonger but wouldn't be as heavy and might splinter too easily. Go with the XT or XP series as they are neck through while the XZ, while having a larger body and therefore more momentum and impact, is bolt-on and more susceptible to breakage.

I suppose a Status Stealth might perform very well also (one piece molded as well with a full sized mody) while Basslabs basses would be too light being hollow.

If all else fails use an early G&L with mahogany body.
  14. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    No question;
    SD Curlee
    Mine has battlescars...
    ... will knock the @#$! out of a @#$%^#$@!$%!
  15. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Ditto the original Steinberger, you could knock out a polar bear with one if you could get close enough!
  16. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    after numerous bar fights as a much younger man, I can personally attest to the value of a 1982 walnut precision special as both a sword and a sheild.
  17. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    And it's more concealable for those times when stealth is vital.

18. Heh, there was this stupid Japinese Anime, my friends love them, called FL CL and one of the characters used a blue rick to whack various people and demons with. It was gas powered too!
  19. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Mine's good for stabbing. I'm not sure about hitting though.
  20. I believe Sid Vicious used a 1976 Precision.

For those of you posting double necks and Alembics and other really heavy basses, our hero must be mobile, as well as deadly, once engaged in combat. A heavy, unwieldly 'axe' may not be as quick and responsive as a lighter one, while a lighter 'axe' may not deal the mortal blows with as much flash and panache.

I'd follow tradition and stick with a Precision. White would show the blood of your smitten nemisis well.