Best fretwork in Europe

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MichiBass, Jun 12, 2017.

1. I am looking for a luthier / tech who should do fret leveling, crowning, fret ends rounding and general setup on my basses. I am looking for someone with great attention to detail, Roger Sadowsky style.

So which is the best luthier / tech for fretwork in Europe?

So far I only know of Andreas Neubauer from Vienna / Austria: Neubauer Guitars - Die Wiener Gitarrenmanufaktur

Does anyone know about his work?

Thanks,

Michi

2. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    Martin of Sei Basses at the Bass Gallery in London does great work, if that's anywhere close to you. (London still qualifies as a part of Europe for now.. at least until the hordes get what they voted for)

MichiBass likes this.
  3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    There are a tonne of builders in Romania that make double basses, guitars, violins etc under contract to different companies. I don't know if any of them accept outside work though.

Luthiers Romania

MichiBass likes this.
  4. I am aware of these, but I am doing research for the best fretwork in Europe.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021