1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best option for a 2x 210 rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Figure It Out, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Gallien Kruger 210BLX-II

34 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. Peavey Headliner 210

16 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Seismic Audio SA-210

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Other - Please specify

45 vote(s)
    32.8%
  5. Carrots

39 vote(s)
    28.5%
  1. I've been hauling around my Crate 215 and my back hates me. I realy want to sell it and get two 210 cabs to stack vertically. My buget is around $300-$400 for both together depending how much I get out of my Crate (Throwing in about $300 of course :D). I might be able to go a little higher but thats stretching it. Some stuff that has caught my eye are the cheaper Gallien Krugers or Peaveys. I also found a company called Seismic Audio and they have one for $165. Im open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Edit: I guess I should have said I play punk rock, alternitive and ska punk.

2. Skabasskid

Skabasskid

Mar 6, 2011
    Yay for Ska
    =DD

3. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    I'll dive in first. Your going to get alot of advice on this but if there was one thing I can tell you up front...your going to have to shoot higher than Seismic Audio. If your looking at Seismic I can tell what your budget is. Get as much as you can for the Crate. Considering the music you are playing I recommend the Carvin B2000 and two Carvin BRX2.10s. At 2 ohms the B2000 would be putting 2100W into the 2-2X10s. If you think you can handle the 76 pound Carvin BRX 4X10 go for that. It will have the sound you need to back your music and will make you happy. Save your pennies, get a second job. Do what you have to do to get real equipment that will last you.

I'm suggesting Carvin because I'm a Carvin fan and sounds like you dont have a lot of bucks at your disposal.

4. Yep, you would be right in saying I don't have a lot of dough. 2100 watts you say? What would anyone need that much for? My 200 watt Crate head is plenty loud. Its the cab I hate. Its really heavy and I need a pickup truck to move it.

5. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Avatar 2-10! Pretty cheap and sounds great. Seismic Audio uses particle board in it's construction, only plywood on the back so it is garbage really.

6. I would definitely consider Gallien Krueger.

However, if you still want some punchy bass + lightweight I would not go below the NEO series: The cheapest line will be a bit hard on the back, and the MB line that is very light lacks bracing that I heard of and got rather boomy bass.

I personally just received 2 new 1x12 cabs (GK NEO 112-II) and they are just fantastic. They stack up vertically very well, about 30ish pounds each and are generally praised. They color the sound in a beautiful way, well balanced and slighty gritty.

You may want to check the forums here at TB - there is a nice thread on the GK NEO 112 that made me buy two of those. I got em for 299$ each with free shipping.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/gk-112-ii-neo-618553/

7. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    +1 on the GK neo line. I have a 210neo and it put's out a LOT of sound 2 of them would blow away any single 410 IMHO MF has them on sale too:) I'm thinking very hard about picking up a second.

8. madmatt

madmatt

Apr 28, 2009
    For your price range you may consider two Hartke 210XL cabs.
    I have two of those plus a HA2500 head.
    Brand new this whole rig is about $650.00.

9. Denny Coon

Denny Coon

Jan 10, 2010
    Ohio
    MESA BOOGIE 2x10...can be picked up for around $250 if you wait for a deal...they are BADA--

10. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Mesa 210 or TC electronic 210 or Ampeg micro SVT 210 sealed.

11. +176 on the avatar. My b210 neo sounds great, and I can pretty much carry it around with one arm

12. Wow, so general opinion on GK neos is good. Hartke is something I never considered and their pretty cheap, gotta check them out. If I did go Mesa or Avatar I might have to buy one cab and wait till my funds replenish. :) Thanks for so many suggestions!

13. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    +177

14. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    +1 on the +1

MAJOR difference between the NEO series and...the rest.

ALSO..do NOT cheap out on the speakers.If you must..start with 1 210, and get another later.

I've seen it a million times if I've seen it never..people buy the cheap bottom of the line crap..and they are dissatisfied.
    Then something else happens..

1.People say that the entire brand (of which they bought the bottom of the line product) sucks.
    2.People also say that "10s arent bass-ey enough" or "don't go low enough"...also based on a one time experience with a bottom line 410 (or something similar)

Okay, enough of that.
    DONT SKIMP ON THE SPEAKERS.

15. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    used avatar would do just fine.

16. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    +178

I love my Avatar 210... I'm actually planning on picking up another very soon. Tight sounding cab, and it won't kill your back or take up too much space in your car.

17. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    Really?? Where? When? Which model?

To the OP: Is your 2X15 really that heavy or cumbersome? I'm a big fan of stacking 2X10's. But as was mentioned, don't cheap out without considering the trade-offs.

18. Laklandlover

Laklandlover Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA BABY
    Same here my SWR 750 head weighs asa much as my B210 and they sound great together. Loud and punchy!!!!:eek:

:bassist:

19. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Another +1 for the Carvin BRX series (not their regular BR and BR-N series). Do a TB search, you'll find very few people unhappy with theirs. I'm certainly happy with mine.

20. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    It should be mentioned that some of the 2X10's above are only available as 4 ohm cabs. If the OP wants to use two of them together he needs to consider the minimum load his head allows.