1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Overall Bass Instructional Supplement?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by namuxtree, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Hi, I'm looking to buy a bass instructional (preferably with DVD's and books/PDF to boost my bass playing. I'm looking for one that's well rounded and teaches a variety of theory and technique (if slapping is included that'd be awesome). I know this is a really subjective topic so I'd like to hear everyone's opinions. Happy discussing!

2. Chrispurchase

Chrispurchase

Oct 24, 2007
  3. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I think the best bass instructional supplement is a good teacher ;-) Barring that, play in a band with musicians who are better than you ('better', of course, being subjective) to learn from.

4. Can't go wrong with Roy Vogt's Teach Me Bass Guitar. Very well rounded and thorough. Follow the link in my sig to read about my experience with it.

5. TSkills

TSkills

Jul 1, 2009
    +1 on Roy Vogt's course. If you go through all the lessons and don't move on until you've really grasped the current lesson...you'll have everything you need. The hostess of the series ain't too hard on the eyes either!

6. Green1

Green1

Sep 23, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ

+1. Not alot on the slap, but very well rounded indeed.