Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best USB interface for recording bass in Ableton Live?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SouthTunnel, Mar 31, 2014.

1. SouthTunnel

SouthTunnel

Jun 9, 2013
  2. Doublesixes

Doublesixes

Feb 17, 2013
    So Cal
    Back in 2011 I bought an IK Multimedia Stealth Plug. It was OK until the whole interface fell apart because the cables wore out and eventually failed. I tried soldering the loose cables but couldn't because everything is so tiny inside the housing. It included lots of software but for the price and reliability, I wouldn't recommend it.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. DanielJR

DanielJR

Mar 31, 2014
    Dubai, UAE
    I recently switched from a cheaper MBox Fast Track to the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, and I'm super happy with it. I use it for both input and output (my powered speakers are connected to it). Link to Audiofanzine review

My favorite feature is the Input/Playback blend control. I have some latency in my setup, so if I try to monitor my bass while recording in my DAW program, there's a slight delay. But using that blend control, I can divert some of my instrument signal directly to my speakers while still hearing the backing tracks from my DAW. I would never buy another box without this feature.

The sound is good to my ears, but I found a noticeable improvement when I put a cheap DI box (Whirlwind IMP2) between the bass and the Focusrite.