1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beulah's got a brand new bag..

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by zoid_99, Oct 23, 2010.

1. zoid_99

zoid_99

Apr 18, 2010
    I picked up a 3/4 sized padded bag on wheels for Beulah (Lark CCB) from rondo music for what I consider a steal. It came via fedex yesterday and so far I'm very impressed. I was worried at first due to the price but it appears to be very well made. I'll use it for a month or so and then post a full review.

http://www.rondomusic.com/bs34gafwheel.html

2. joshmickelson

joshmickelson

Nov 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Wow great price.

3. It says it has 20mm lining. What do you think, is it thick and robust enough to protect a bass?

I've got a $200+ Mooradian bag that's cushy enough, but I miss having the backpack feature. At this price, I'd consider getting this bag, assuming it's thick and well made...

4. zoid_99

zoid_99

Apr 18, 2010
    I think it's really 25mm and not the 20mm stated on their page. I say that because I found the company's website and it says 25mm.

http://hanacorp.co.kr/bnc/products.php?query=view&code=000105&no=273&lv=3

That being said it is enough to kip it from being banged up carrying it around but not going to survive something being dopped on it.

5. joshmickelson

joshmickelson

Nov 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I'll be interested to hear more of a review on this as well.

6. Roger Mouton

Roger Mouton Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Southern California
    Did I read $49.95 somewhere? REALLY!

7. zoid_99

zoid_99

Apr 18, 2010
    Yes it is $49 but shipping is $20 so it's $70 for the bag. I used it last night carrying Beulah to a bluegrass jam. Worked great. So far I'm impressed.

8. Good luck and nothing personal, but an active bassist puts on and takes off a case 6-7 times a week at least. I'd be surprised if a case priced like this would hold up with that kind of wear and tear. Zippers stick and break, linings tear and stitching just shreds.
    I'd like to see how it is after a year of wear and tear on a professionals bass.

9. zoid_99

zoid_99

Apr 18, 2010
    I'll post update in a month or so. This one seems to be well made. You are right, time will tell.

10. zoid_99

zoid_99

Apr 18, 2010
    The case is doing well. It's hauled Beulah around for quite a few lessons, tours, etc. There is one handle where a few threads are loose but it doesn't look serious. The wheels are holding up great. I would have to say it's a great deal.

11. They say "Heavy Duty Zipper." Is it really a molded-tooth (YKK-type) kind of zipper and not a coil type? In my experience the coil type are not very durable.

Overall, looks great. I'll be looking for a bag soon.

12. mlz77096

mlz77096

Oct 16, 2007
    Houston, TX
    My $200 case on wheels had weak zippers that broke, the handles started to pull out. I used zipper machines from a worn out case and a tailor reinforced the handles so I wouldn't get a nasty surprise. Just check the case often. You don't want to be like a friend of mine who discovered his wife's bass was actually a hybred when the back pack straps let go while he was carrying it and the bass landed on the end pin - split the top.