1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Birdhaus 46

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Dee-man, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Price:
    Howdy TB. Have to downsize, so lots of great gear is for sale. Here's a minty condition Audiokinesis Birdhaus 46 bass cabinet. It has 4 Faital drivers (no tweeters). Effectively has the same cone surface area and volume as a good 112. Weighs only 23 pounds and is a super easy carry.

Here's a link to Duke's site, where I got this: Birdhaus 46

Sounds great and really does what it says - provides 270 degree dispersion to the audience and your band mates. I like it especially with my acoustic bass guitar - something about those Faital 6's.

$400 shipped CONUS (add $10 if east of the Mississippi). Includes a padded Lecover. Sorry, not interested in any trades.

Thanks for looking, DM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I see three 6" speakers-- just curious, where's the 4th one? Nice looking cab by the way.

3. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    The second and fourth photos are actually different side speakers, which may not be clear at first. So those plus the two in front gets you to 46. :thumbsup:

4. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    8 ohm or 4 ohm - thank you

Found it on the link - sorry

Any experience with thtis cabinet and a Electric upright - thanks again

5. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    It's 8 ohm. Sorry, no experience with upright, though I have used this with a Guild ABG and Rob Allen fretless/piezo and it sounds really nice. The 6's work really well with the acoustic dynamics to my ears.

6. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    I’ve used mine with my Clevenger EUB. Sounded great, as it did with my Mirecourt DB with exceptions for the normal differences between a DB and the EUB.

7. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for the info Ric.

8. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    I had the 4x8 Birdhaus and rocked it hard. Amazing li'l muscular cab, beautiful build!

9. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    I have that 48! Like it a lot. Wish I could keep both.

10. fishstick666

fishstick666 Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kalifornia
    The site says the 46 is not so strong with a low B - do you have any personal experience with it?

11. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    I'm sorry, I don't.

12. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Well,
    I can say personally, that with my Lakland 55-94 it sounds pretty darn good.

fishstick666 and Dee-man like this.
  13. CJL

CJL Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dallas
    Pm sent