1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

black and maple p-bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mustang-monk, Mar 3, 2008.

1. mustang-monk

mustang-monk

Feb 1, 2008
    So the unis giving me a £700 bursary at least half is paying off some of my laptop. with the rest im looking to get a black pbass with a maple fretboard. It specifically needs to be black. If there isnt a black n maple p bass in the budget ill probably build one, but id prefer to just buy a pre built bass. I'd want somethiing at better than agathis or bass wood for the body. Not bothered about the quality of the pickups or hardware or anything like that cos ill probably change those. im not interested in p/j pickup configs. basically im gonna stick a black pg on it and a bridge cover.

if all else fails and there arent any good options out there ill jazz up my jazz bass

2. mustang-monk

mustang-monk

Feb 1, 2008
    bump, are there any black and maple p-basses out there?

3. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    Things like this go in the Classifieds section, which you have to be a supporting member to post in. You'll have better luck there.

And if you're asking for recommendations, it seems you already know what you want. So go get it.

4. £700 is more then enough so get looking, just don't expect sound control or any other gash shops like that to have one, 2nd hands probably the way to go like Random said. Try looking at some of the better made Fender copies, I don't know that many makes but I know Tokai do some good Japanese made stuff and you get more quality for your money then with newer Fenders.

5. ha one of the sound controls in Leeds has one, the one on Roseville road

6. mustang-monk

mustang-monk

Feb 1, 2008
    no im not wanting to buy one from TB i want recommendatins as im trying to find a bass with those specs.

Also i only have half of the £700

id have a few sx's if it wasnt for high shipping costs

7. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

fender makes a 57 reissue that has an awesome black finish. it's like a charcoal. as i recall the MIM 57 RI's is the cheapest maple fb'ed fender.

8. Wow, lighting twice in the same place... wanted an all black and maple p-bass a few years ago before I got my ATK and they just sold one in the Leeds shop. Seems to have gone downhill a bit recently and last few times I've been in they were all crappy Mexican ones in the typical colours with rosewood necks. Maples got a little more widespread since the American Standard series though I guess.

Music Ground is a much cooler shop though, despite alot of the shop assistants been hell bent on telling you your wrong, or making you feel stupid because you want to ponder for a second over what string gauge you might wanna try...

9. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    b-bass.