Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bling! Cheap! Gold hardware!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Moo, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Gold & cheap! What's the catch?

Well, it's mostly junk. And it needs to leave my house.

Let's start of at the top, here's a gold Schaller 5 string bridge in pretty good shape, missing mounting screws. One tiny knick and some dust, other than that it's nice $76 new at Warmoth. $30 shipped. Best offers? Trades?

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Now the ugly, this is the the bridge and tuners from a 1985 Tokai PJ bass. Basically this is a Japanese copy of pre CBS hardware. The tuners work fine but has orange peal bubbling of the gold plating. Good chance that's not real gold either ;)

The bridge is a bit uglier and still works as badly as it did new, just like the real pre CBS stuff did. Tonally it's very nice and woody but the saddles move.

Perfect set for a beater bass

$20 shipped for the set.

Edit:
    I found 5 new black screws for the bridge, I've added a full set of stainless steel screws for the tuners since some of the gold ones are a bit chewed up and I've found the gold neck bolt plate and 2 gold strap buttons. That's a lot of junk for 20 bucks.

3. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I'm open to trades for things like music DVD's, cables etc.

4. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I also have this little Schaller bridge for the skinny string crowd. Also no screws. It's chrome, looks a bit gold in the picture.

SOLD :)

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hmmm, i'm making a T-bird like bass with the profile of a MM Sterling neck... Would any of those bridges fit do you reckon?

6. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    The old Tokai would but it really needs to go on a crappy bass.

Shipping would be well over the value too. I guess I should specify the included shipping is in the US.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    How much do you want for the guitar bridge?

8. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    How's $20 shipped to IL? If I remember right it's the narrower Gibson style spacing so you might want to check the specs on the net somewhere. The roller saddles give you some flexibility.

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Want anything particular in trade?

10. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    A Bergantino 1x12, would do it :)

I don't have much in mind but a DVD seems about the same range. I could use a nice short speaker cable, What do you have?

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a dual 1/4" speaker cable that is very tough if you would like it. I make them out of heavy duty drop cord, or the regular black speaker cable stuff. I can do either. Let me know about it.

12. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    That sounds fun... What's drop cord?

If you make them and want to whip out a 4 footer of the heavy stuff I'll trade for that. Or if you have one built in the 3-6 foot range that would work too.

Email or PM your address and I'l send it on it's way. USPS okay?

13. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Perfectly Cool!

How's about this... I'll make you 2 cables. I'll put together one of each kind. I'll PM you my address.

14. Radio Kaos 64

Radio Kaos 64

Oct 15, 2003
    I'll take the bridge and tuners. Send me a paypal address and I will send the funds immediately.

15. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I sent it yesterday, did you get it?

16. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Hmmm, still no word from Radio Kaos 64 so the $20 pile of old gold hardware is still available. As is the 5 string bridge.

17. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
  18. Radio Kaos 64

Radio Kaos 64

Oct 15, 2003
    I'm sorry! Your email made it's way into spam folder, and I just fished it out. I had no idea you could send emails through Talkbass, I thought it was just PM's! Anyways, I'll send the paypal as soon I can, probably within the hour. Is the stuff still for sale?

19. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Cool. I was worried you were eaten by wolves or something. It's still for sale and if you scroll up to the ad you'll see the pile of stuff has grown :)