Borrowing bass trunk

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by nmiles117, Oct 14, 2011.

1. nmiles117

nmiles117

Oct 14, 2011
    My bass is in Maine. I am in Texas (near Dallas). I cannot drive to retrieve it. I will have to fly it back. I know I will need a trunk. I would prefer not have to buy one (since this is likely to be the only time I'll need the trunk). Does anyone know where and how I could borrow or rent a trunk?
    Thanks

2. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Call the bass stores in your area(s) - I'm sure one of them will rent you a trunk.

3. Kolstein rents Uni-Air Carriers for $18/day or $98/week, not inclusive of shipping charges.

4. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
  5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Augusta GA
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Gage rents'em too....

6. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Why fly it? You could get it truck shipped for muck less. With truck you could crate it instead of using a trunk. You might be able to get a cardboard bass crate from a bass importer. I had a woodworker build me a plywood crate once. I paid him $200, but it was so nice that later I varnished it and turned it into a wardrobe:hyper:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021