Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss 1180 Bass recording problem

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by oldgreyOlds, Jun 22, 2005.

1. oldgreyOlds

oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    hey. me and my guitarist recently rented a boss 1180, and thought we had the thing figured out. we recorded the gutiar parts no problem, but then when it came time to record the bass parts, we found the bass distorted very badly, even at low input levels and sensetivites. we tried turning down the mic on the mixing board we ran the mics through, tried turning down the amp, DIing the bass amp straight into the mixer. the only way we found we could avoid such distortion was the run the bass straight into the mixer (but even this distorts occasionaly), although I am relecutant the record this way and would much rather use my amp. any ideas as to what may be the problem?

2. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
  3. oldgreyOlds

oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    I found a way using my line out and turning down the sensetivity and the input volumes to record just fine. and yes, I spent a long time raking through the manual unsuccefully. Itll work for now, but I will not use this machine again unless we find a way to un-screw it.