Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Effects/Digitech

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wilki29, Jul 24, 2005.

What are the best effects pedals?

Poll closed Aug 23, 2005.
  1. boss

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. digitech

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. dunlop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. electro-harmonix

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. wilki29

wilki29

Jul 24, 2005
    I have a boss overdrive and a boss limiter pedal. I get a good clean sound from the limiter and a good distortion from my overdrive but was looking for something that would be more of a melody pedal for punk/pop music. Does anyone know of any good pedals that would suit this type of genre?

2. thats kind of a tough question...it really depends on your own tastes and the tastes of your band, and what fits the song. i just picked EH because i like the muff

3. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I have to be honest and say I hate all of those. Try a Ratt for OD; Guyatone (the micros are great) for delay and compression and so forth. To my ears, those are the best sounding inexpensive pedals.

More options -- sorry.

4. There aren't many punk/rock-bands who use crazy effects...
    You could easily get most of the sounds you need with the Big Muff.

Unless you're into muse... Then you'd have to spend some serious cash :eek:

5. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Well, it depends...

I choose to go to single pedals rather to multi effect. That's because I love to choose every effect separately. So I won't choose all my pedals in one single brand, it would be quite stupid. For that I'm going to EHX because their that is better than Boss'. For this i'm going to MXR because I prefer their this than the Digitech one. Quite logical, don't you think ?

These 4 have good products, and bad products.

6. wilki29

wilki29

Jul 24, 2005
    well i use my overdrive pedal for the boost so i can get a stronger sound, but was wondering if the bass chorus is like the overdrive boost. If they are simliar then ill just keep what i have, but im not sure how those two pedals work

7. billio

billio Bass Head

I have a Boss GT6B and think it's pretty good. I don't use many patches but the ones I do use are not the "standard" preset effects. I sat down for ages fiddling about with the damn thing to get exactly the sound I want, on each patch.
    Handy (for me anyway) as it has a rocker pedal which you can use for volume or octave etc... a built in tuner (I hate trying to hold a tuner or sit it on the amp) and the pedal is red, which everyone knows is the fastest colour...... :D

8. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I am officially smitten with the EHX English Muff'n so I voted EHX, now all I gotta do is find one to play locally and so long as my heart isn't broken, the deal is done.