1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BOSS ES-8 (1 expression pedal for multiple pedals)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Roman Jakobej, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Roman Jakobej

Roman Jakobej

Dec 10, 2016
    Slovakia
    Hi guys, I need a little help.

I have an expression pedal (M-Audio but I'm planning to buy Mission Engineering like in the video below), I have Boss ES-8 and 3 pedals that can be controlled via MIDI (Mobius, H9, Echosystem and hopefully ZOIA soon).

I checked this video:
    and what Zach does there is extremely inspirational and cool. Especially towards the end where he controls multiple pedals with 1 expression pedal. I was wondering how to do that - can I do that with my M-Audio expression pedal or should I get the mission engineering one before even attempting to achieve that?

First of all, as all of the aforementioned pedals are controllable via MIDI, where do I plug the exp. pedal? To the EXP.1 output and the rest will be assigned through MIDI? And how to do that exactly? How to program it? Also, won't it be easier through ES-8 Editor? I know it's mainly about experimenting and trying out stuff but I would be very glad to save those hours and hours :)

On a completely different topic, is there any source that would explain CC messages and all the MIDI stuff? I made my pedalboard work will all the presets and stuff but, I'm not entirely sure how.