1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

boss lmb-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andrewrepasky, Dec 22, 2011.

1. andrewrepasky

andrewrepasky

Oct 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Anyone have any settings they'd like to share on a Boss lmb-3 bass limiter/enhancer? Im looking for an evened out progressive rock tone that is also versatile and also wanting to get every out take of the pedal I can get.

2. enhance=0... which is a shame because i like the sound but hate the hiss

3. LowBC

LowBC Commercial User

Nov 17, 2008
    Music Go Round - Aurora, CO (owner) We buy used gear!
    Never had much luck with that pedal, to be honest.

4. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

+ 1

Really a shame 'cause the enhance thing could get you close to a Chris Squire-ish tone, depending on your rig of course. I also keep the enhance off. As for settings, I've played around with the pedal for awhile and got back to the manual's fingerpicking settings. I play rock, blues and sometimes funk stuff.

5. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    The only thing I hear about ANY "enhance" circuit is that it is a mid scoop. I don't see how that translates to a Chris Squire tone.

6. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I use mine as a limiter, (at home, low volume) so the ratio is pretty high, 3-4 o'clock, and the threshold to taste for volume, maybe noon-ish. No enhance at all ever... I have a pretty high line level from using VT or Rustybox and overdrive/fuzz and I like the impact of that on the limiter. (On my gig rig I use an alesus micro limiter in the effect/send; it doesn't have boss's tone suck.)