Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss RC 20

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by plexibass, Jan 21, 2006.

1. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    hey guys and. one of the kids i work with was asking me about pedals which i know nothing about, as i dont use them. he is looking for a pedal for looping. i went to basscentral.com and found the boss rc 20. any ideas comments of suggestions to help my buddy out? thanks guys!!!!

2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Search is your friend.
    That said, I'm personally waiting for the RC-50. Search is your friend for this one too :D

3. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    yeah my friend is into all of the double tapping and stuff like that.

4. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I have a BOSS RC-20XL which I love. I tried a Boomerang but the RC-20XL is cheaper and easier to use because it addresses human error:

1. It has a quantisize function that compensates for minor human variances in starting and stopping looping.

2. It has an "undo" function. Great if you make a mistake mid0way thru a performance.

The features I find essential are;
    1. Redo: the opposite of the undo above. Great to take the last section out of a loop and the reinsert later.

2. Two channels. I run my bass through one channel and keyboard thru another

3. Multiple memories. I think 11. I have sound events recorded that I trigger during songs

4. basic drum machine. I find this useful for practcicing