1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss RC10R and MIDI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Alien Radio, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Alien Radio

Alien Radio

Aug 27, 2019
    Can someone help me? I know literally nothing about MIDIs!
    I’ve recently got a Boss RC10R, and I’m loving it. It has MIDI ins and outs. I know you can connect extra controls and clocks etc, but what I really want to do is use the MIDI out as a dedicated out for the drum beats. I’ve checked the parameter guide and, although it read like a foreign language, I think it said this is possible. But there’s also a message saying that connected audio devices to the midi will cause malfunctions???
    Can anyone with experience of this pedal or knowledge of MIDIs help me?
    Cheers
    Sam

2. The MIDI ports will only accept or send digital commands, never audio even they look like an aux. jack. These are there to send, receive and pass through timing and start/stop/fill commands.
    Within the parameter menu in the pedal is a setting to split the audio so the loop and dry signal are output on A and the rhythm from B.

3. Alien Radio

Alien Radio

Aug 27, 2019
    Cheers for your help man. I thought that might be the case. So what does
    “You can use note-on message from an external MIDI device to play the rhythm sound module built into the RC-10R.” mean??
    Is it just talking about some way of triggering the rhythms? Sorry. Like I said, I know absolutely nothing about MIDI!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021