1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brand New Strings

Discussion in 'Bluegrass [DB]' started by littlebill, Apr 15, 2010.

1. littlebill

littlebill

Oct 18, 2002
    Apopka, Fla
    Hey Mike Ramsey,

Listening to a good CD on Bluegrass Junction, is that your son?

The boys have some nice harmonies and tight pickin' going on, congratulations to them. Kyle is letting them talk some and they seem like good guys.

Bill Miller

2. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    I'm thinking that you're hearing the group Brand New Strings. They have their OWN Mike Ramsey, who happens to play mandolin. A great guy. I've been knowing him for about a decade now.

He used to play in a bluegrass Gospel group called New Road. Stuart Wyrick is the banjo man, been knowing him all this time too. Stuart is now the banjoman for Brand New Strings.

I have a son, whose middle name happens to be Michael. He goes by his first name, Aaron. He does play mandolin with Mountain Heart.

The funny part of the Brand New Strings guy, Mike Ramsey, is this. When I met him years ago I also met his wife. They didn't have kids and still don't. I told him I could work out a deal on a couple of Ramsey kids that we could let them have and they wouldn't have to change TOO much on the papers that went with them. He thought it was a hoot! :)

3. bluegrasscat

bluegrasscat

Aug 9, 2006
    SoCal
    :):D

4. littlebill

littlebill

Oct 18, 2002
    Apopka, Fla
    Mike,

Yes that was the group. Sorry about the mix up but I have read here on TB that you have a son that plays bluegrass.

I've met a few Bill Millers over the years and once had a truck driver call the house and thought I was his boss. He wanted to know why he hadn't received his paycheck, he was really upset.

Funny story about the kids, I will have to remember that and use it sometime.

Bill