Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice SB Question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Sep 19, 2005.

1. I know this probably needs to be in the SX Megathread...I can't get an answer maybe a seperate thread will work..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok...Here's the dealio....I want another bass with a B...But I'm stuck between the SB-35 and the SB-26....Here's the links..

http://www.rondomusic.net/sb26.html - 6 stringer...

http://www.rondomusic.net/sb35.html - 5 Strings...

I've got one 5 string...But it's really more for just sittin back and playin...I don't want to get rid of it(I couldn't get anything out of it anyway it's a cheapie) I like the MM+J Pickup Config...But the 6 calls to me, too....Anyone played these two? Hows the B?Hows the sounds? How's the feel?

HELP!!

DWB

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I heard a voice from a distant thread ...... ;)

The Douglas basses are pretty well built, in the magical world of Rondo they fall right in between the very inexpensive SX's and the Brice's .....

Douglas stuff is made in China. You'll most likely want to/need to change out the strings, but they might work for you for a while. The electronics seem decent, but I've never gigged those basses, so I'm not 100% sure about that. The few times I played it at the store the sound was pretty clean.

The necks are quite nice. The B's I've tried were tight and pretty responsive, 34" scale though, if that matters to you. For the money, it's hard to find a better buy.

3. K Thanks man...I don't mind being the voice from a distant thread(I didn't even see the date, lol)...I Just needed an answer...I'm thinkin about the Satin Natural...But the red's calling to me too, lol...I should have the money in the next few weeks...I play bass in the Jazz Ensemble here at ETSU(East TN State) So this is a "school expense" I've got some grant money I may not be using for anything else...That bass with a Hardshell case and a new rack...would be a worthwhile investment...lol... Thanks for the review...

DWB