1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge HB cutting out -- help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Corey Sherman, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Corey Sherman

Corey Sherman

Mar 26, 2009
    I'm playing a Schecter Omen 5. Really happy with the sound and the price I paid for it. It's been a few weeks now and I when I turn the blend knob counterclockwise to isolate the bridge pickup, it reduces the volume down to almost nothing (my volume is all the way up on the bass). Tried a new battery, diffferent cables, different amps (a peavy 115 combo and an SWR LA12), still the same results. Looked at the guts and it all looks fine and well-connected to me. I've been taking good care of it and wouldn't know it if I wasn't. I'm not exactly tech savy when it comes to repairs with electronics, but is there anything I do to fix this?

2. Corey Sherman

Corey Sherman

Mar 26, 2009
    After a second look at the wiring, it looks like one of the wired going to the blend pot has been pinched and consequently cut (somehow). I don't know if the confirguration is the same for all active basses, but the wire I'm talking about is a black insulated one going to the side of the blend pot. if there are any Schecter owners that could help me out, please do so.